Quantcast

-bunny

Note: If you’re looking for Sonoma County Easter Egg Hunts for your littler ones, click here.

When you think of Easter baskets, you probably think of young toddlers running out to see what the Easter Bunny has left for them. You may have visions of tiny toys and plastic eggs filled with jellybeans. There’s magic in those grass filled baskets, and it’s not wasted on toddlers who will marvel at every single surprise they discover Easter morning.

But what about the teenagers?

When I was growing up, my mom made it a point to never take away the magic we felt at holidays when we were younger. Well into our adult years, we received a stocking full of small gifts at Christmas, a bunch of pink and red covered chocolate treats at Valentine’s Day, and an Easter basket full of trinkets and goodies at Easter. And now in my own house, I am continuing the tradition.

Thing is, however, it is much more difficult to find fun things to give teens at Easter when the majority of seasonal treats are geared towards kids under the age of 10. This year is even harder as we work to steer clear of all things sugary – i.e. anything that is traditional to give at Easter.

So with a little help from other parents and some searching on my own, I have put together my own list of things, edible and not, a teenager might want to discover in their basket Easter morning.

Happy Easter!

1. CDs
2. DVDs
3. Gift cards to their favorite store
4. Nostalgic kid toys (wind-up cars, Lego men, yoyos)
5. Pez dispenser
6. Gum
7. Themed baskets (nail spa, music list, hair, etc)
8. Movie tickets
9. Family coupons (for a later curfew, get out of chores free, etc)
10. Gas card
11. Nail polish
12. Lip gloss
13. Magazine (cars, beauty, or whatever their interest)
14. Poster of their favorite actor/band
46. Video game
47. Jewelry
48. Wallet
49. Purse
50. Dollar coins

What else?

Does the Easter Bunny still visit your teenager? What kind of treats do they give your teen?

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

23 Comments

1. Val King

I have 3 daughters. I give them a new bikini and sun screen in their baskets.

March 26th, 2013 3:10 pm

2. The.Village

I bet they love that!

March 26th, 2013 3:19 pm

3. M

CDs? When was this list made?

March 26th, 2013 4:47 pm

4. The.Village

Hey, some of us have old school kids who appreciate holding their music in their hands. :-)

March 26th, 2013 5:45 pm

5. M

Um, where does your kid hold their iPod or phone? :@)

March 26th, 2013 7:15 pm

6. M

The death of the album and rise of digital age of music albeit less tangible is also less resource rich and the result of progress in technology. I for one am glad the cd and tapes don’t end up in the landfill as much as before.

March 26th, 2013 7:20 pm

7. The.Village

Well, tapes might be holding on to life by a string… I don’t even think they make tape decks anymore. But CDs are still an easy way to transport music to your car (for those of us who drive older cars that don’t even know what an MP3 player is).

March 26th, 2013 9:02 pm

8. Tisa

My three teenage boys still appreciate the Easter basket and Christmas stockings full of goodies. The Easter bunny always gives them a book, a chocolate bunny to honor their dad’s ceremony of biting the head off first thing (sigh), gum, and maybe an iTunes card. I don’t spend too much and it makes the morning fun while carrying on a tradition they loved as little kids.

March 27th, 2013 7:51 am

9. The.Village

Perfect. As the mom of a family of readers, I especially love the book idea!

March 27th, 2013 8:03 am

10. Mary Bishop

I give my 11 year old daughter a “Mom and Me” gift certificate with a specific $ amount that can be used for an adventure for the 2 of us. We have done lunch and ice skating in the past, the pottery studio another year, and I will find out soon what will happen in 2013!

March 27th, 2013 2:27 pm

11. The.Village

That’s a really valuable gift. I’m sure she’ll remember it long after she’s a kid. I know these little things from my childhood have stuck with me all these years!

March 27th, 2013 2:40 pm

12. Recap: Easter, events, and more | The Village

[...] 50 things for your teen’s basket It’s not too hard to find things for your toddler’s basket. But what about your teen? Contrary to popular belief, you’re never too old for an Easter basket. Here are FIFTY ideas that your teen will love to receive from the Easter bunny. [...]

March 28th, 2013 9:31 am

13. Mark

Wow..Awesome list,I have saved it for my boy and I am gonna share this list with him and hoping that He can make something too good and bring his creativity in the Easter Basket.

March 31st, 2014 1:15 am

14. Holly

Baseball cap
    visors
    beach cover up
    sports tix
    Starbucks card
    tix to amusement park
    swim suits

April 4th, 2014 12:01 pm

15. DonnaK

Nail polish, nail decals, pool rafts/floaties, swim goggles, snorkel sets, Summer pjs, Summer bracelets, braided sports necklaces, tote bags/string bags, barrettes & fancy bobby pins, sleeping bags, Chia pets. (Now that I look at my own list, Easter basket contents seem to be the beginning of our longing for the warmer weather! :) Thanks for all the other great ideas too!

April 8th, 2014 10:50 am

16. Michelle

Thanks for all the great ideas! Highly appreciated :)

April 9th, 2014 4:20 am

17. Jessica

Great ideas! Thanks so much! Loved the coupon for chores idea. One thing I’m putting also that I didn’t see is Dr . Pepper, we don’t have sodas in the house and that’s his favorite

April 11th, 2014 8:02 pm

18. Stacey Marmolejo

For musically-inclined teens, consider accessories for their instrument.

For example, if your teen plays guitar or bass guitar consider a new guitar strap, packet of strings or picks, or a new clip on guitar tuner, like the SpeedPro guitar tuner that comes with a 3 year guarantee.

Drummers like new sticks, a drum key or new drum heads.

If you’re buying but don’t know anything about the accessories, Amazon is a great place to shop. They have a liberal return policy.

April 12th, 2014 5:43 pm

19. Jessica D.

Because Easter is supposed to be about Christ, my children all receive new Sunday clothes. I do fill their baskets with goodies as well, but they know not to expect anything else other than a new dress/tie to wear to church.

April 16th, 2014 12:59 pm

20. angelina barnett

these are some great ideas.i always do coupons those were some i never thought of before. my kids are older and last year i didnt get them a basket figured they had outgrown them and my daughter asked wheres my basket so this year its back to peeps and jelly beans lol

April 16th, 2014 4:24 pm

21. Kayla

I am a teenager and I have to say this is a great list. Pairing up gifts for your teens sport or hobbies is a great thing to do too. For example, I’m a horseback rider and participate in eventing/hunter jumper. My mom has gotten me in previous years: saddle pads, grooming supplies, horse treats, etc. So, if your child is interested in, let’s say, basketball; you could get her/him a new ball, basketball shorts/socks (any type of attire really). Also, kids LOVE candy. I’m 15 years old and still love little kids toys because they help me reminisce on my child hood.

Ear buds are a great idea as well, and phone cases.

April 18th, 2014 5:43 am

22. Carolyn

We live in SoCal, so I give beach towels and flip-flops. :)

April 18th, 2014 8:11 am

23. Linda

Today, the Friday before Easter, I went to See’s and bought the requisite TALL CHOCOLATE BUNNY! And then I went over to Village Art Supply, in Montgomery Village, and bought some wonderful watercolor pencils, paper and a totally cool VW Bus toiletry bag that can also be used for art supplies or whatever! The gal at the counter – ( the owner?) – was SO helpful with ideas. I absolutely love this store for teen gift ideas! And it’s local !

April 18th, 2014 7:16 pm

Submit Your Comments

Required

Required, will not be published